Being the youngest of 10 children laid the groundwork for Bob’s legal career and his commitment to serving the community. He learned the importance of always having someone in his corner; he learned how to defend himself and others; he fostered a solid work ethic watching his parents work hard to raise their family and instill basic values; and he developed a keen sense of right and wrong while witnessing first-hand his parents and older siblings treat people fairly and with respect. That foundation was enhanced by Bob’s economics degree in college and an entrepreneurial spirit which pushed him to start his own firm and thrive in the fast-paced litigation arena where on-the-spot problem solving is key.
Those experiences also made Bob keenly aware of the importance of giving back to the community. Having benefitted immensely from a supportive family, Bob wants every child to have the same head start. That is why Bob serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of ProKids, an organization whose vision is “a safe, permanent and nurturing home for every child.” And it is why the law firm commits financial resources each year to support the ProKids vision and mission.
As an attorney, Bob has worked with a wide range of clients—individuals, closely-held and family businesses, and Fortune 500 companies—all of whom had one thing in common: they needed help solving their particular problem.
• Bob regularly assists businesses in protecting their trade secrets and client lists when employees depart for competitors in violation of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
• On the flip side, he has has successfully defended claims brought against former employees and/or their new employers when companies tried to enforce overbroad restrictive covenants and employment agreements.
• Bob also has successfully handled other employment agreement cases, whether defending a claim for unpaid wages and commissions, or helping a former executive enforce a change-in-control provision in her employment agreement following the hostile takeover of her employer.
• Bob has enabled countless local professionals and small businesses throughout Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky (including architects, doctors, dentists, landscapers, lumber yards, cabinet and countertop suppliers, etc.) enforce their contract and lien rights for services rendered and goods sold.
• He effectively defended false accusations brought against an accountant who was shut out by his partner and threatened with criminal prosecution for embezzlement, and also prevailed on a counterclaim for breach of fiduciary duty and defamation.
• Bob’s counsel has enabled one the nation’s largest utility companies prevail in numerous legal and administrative proceedings to enforce the company’s tariffs and easement rights, as well as its regulatory rights to access meters and prevent tampering and fraudulent activity.
• On behalf of a European manufacturing company, Bob recovered a six-figure claim for unpaid materials purchased by a Fortune 100 company with operations in Ohio.
• He protected the rights of three sisters, all beneficiaries of two multi-million dollar trusts, whose interests were being undermined and misappropriated by other beneficiaries.
• He successfully represented a local bank in separate lawsuits (1) to defend a suit brought by one of the country’s largest banks for payment on a fraudulent cashier’s check and (2) to recover losses, including attorneys’ fees, from a national insurance company for coverage on a depository bond.
These and other clients continue to benefit from Bob’s experience in court, administrative proceedings, and alternative forms of dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation. Whatever the forum, Bob uses skills developed over approximately 25 years of practice to accomplish the client’s desired objective and result in a reasonable, effective and efficient manner.